SHE SCORES 2023
‘She Scores’ 2023 is open to living female-identifying and nonbinary composers of any age or nationality who live or work in the State of Ohio.
● No composer shall submit more than two compositions
● Compositions should be written by one, sole composer
● Compositions should not be arrangements of other composers’ work
● No composition shall be less than 5 minutes or exceed 30 minutes
● No composition shall have an excess of 9 players
● Composers must submit scores electronically in three parts: one .pdf of the score, one .pdf of the score with composer name/identifying information scrubbed, and either a live recording or midi rendering of the work in .mp3 or .wav format
● Works may include non-interactive electroacoustic elements (e.g., CD playback)
● Works may include live-interactive electroacoustic elements but must also have live instrumental/vocal performance component
● If a work has either live-interactive or non-interactive electroacoustic elements, a write up of technical specs/equipment required for performance must be included
● Compositions may be existing works which have been previously performed, or new works
Deadline for scores submission is January 1st 2023 by 11:59 PM via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compositions will be evaluated by a committee made up of professional musicians and composers.
Your composition will be assigned a code and submitted to the committee anonymously.
You will be informed if your composition has been selected by February 1st 2023.
If your composition is selected, it will receive a professional performance in Cleveland OH on the ‘She Scores’ 2023 concert series held June 1st - 4th, 2023. The Music Fund will formally purchase scores/parts from you/your publishing company and handle any performance or mechanical licenses that may apply to the performance of your work. You will be invited to work with the musicians, concerts will be recorded, and you will receive an audio copy of the performance. There is no cost associated with applying or having your work performed on 'She Scores'. On-site childcare will be provided for both the musicians and composers involved in 'She Scores' during rehearsals and concerts.
We Thank Our Generous Donors!